<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 25, 2003

Addiction

I'm a hard core addict of that little wooden instrument that resides in my apartment. ( it's not supposed to be there actually, for it shatters the peace in the block, adding to the cacophony of blaring radios, but hell, what diff does it make? My guitar can't hold a candle to their volume) It's a mellow instrument, but each chord produced is pure joy. I just fall madly in love with the unique melodies that issue from the touch of my finger ( Although they might sound like utter crap to the expert ear) Never have I felt such passion when i play the piano. Many a times, when I'm frustrated by the piles of work that pile contemptuously on my desk, I'll pick up my dear guitar, shut my eyes and submerge myself in the warm comforting embrace of songs. Time and place would vanish instantly, along with my worries and that lousy pile of homework. It's pure ecstacy.
No one can slip away from its grasp. Once you try it, you're hooked. Many of my friends who twanged it have been instantly entranced by its sheer charm. You try it. you'll see what I mean.


" there's no portable instrument that is such a potent symbol of boho spirit" ( Chun Ghee's take on the guitar)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?