<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 27, 2003

Our Date with Weight

Most girls are never satisfied with their body. I'm no acception. I find myself staring often at the mirror, and wondering why my face is so chubby, desparing over my none-existant waistline and thunderous thighs. The only part I'm satisfied with is probably my arms, but the muscle tone is fading fast. It's hard to believe that when i was 12 years old, I was always in danger of being grossly underweight. Right now, I can only just moan and groan over the breakneck speed at which my adipose cells are growing.

I"ve been constantly trying to diet. But it isn't working because I have chronic gastric and any attempt to starve myself into thinness has resulted in my stomach launching an acidic rampage. In light of feeling nauseous and agonised for days at a time, I decided that turning into a whale was less threatening. So much for dieting. I just saw my friend today, who had just shed tons of pounds and was looking extremely sexy and pretty. Looking at my own dumpy body, I longed to be another success story. But I saw how she meticulously selected her food and the caution she took in extracting every last bit of offending animal fat on her chicken and I knew I could never be that disciplined. And besides, I just learnt that we do need fats in our diet for fat soluble vitamins. ( yes yes, a valiant attempt to convince myself that it's ok to eat that oh -so- sinful chicken skin)

I'd given up trying to jog in this awful weather. I nearly got hypothermia the last time I tried to jog on the weekends. So I've taken to doing step aerobics every sundays. And for the rest of the time, I'm going to just watch myself balloon. Farewell waistline!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?