<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 14, 2003

Fanning the flames of resignation

as you can tell by now, i'm not in the mood of giving long winded descriptions of my life, so a day to day blow of the mundane issues that arise will suffice for the moment.

T'was the weekend before the test,
And all was stressful ... Or is it?

Seems like I'm still going on with my happy go lucky life. THis is getting weird. Usually by now, I'll be lost behind a mountain of notes, frantically cramming away. LIke HH puts it, I"ve just entered the phase after "panicking". I"m thick in the "resignation" phase. I was sick of the notes. I"m not going to say I've studied sufficiently, you can never finish studying. When you've finished round 2, there's still round 3 to go. BUt looking at the numerous intricate metabolic pathways I've to commit once again to memory, I know even Round 100 wouldn't help much. So I'm just expanding my mental energy thinking of what to cook later. Bad?? I"m feeling more puzzled at my lack of motivation than anything else.

Let's see.. yesterday, I walked out from the temple and I saw a dustbin on fire!!! It was surreal. My friend and I hesitated there. THe wind was clearly fanning the flames but the passersby didn't seem to care much. They passed an incredulous stare by continued on their respective paths. One lady tried to put out the flames, but to no avail. In the end, I whipped out my handphone and dialled 000. I couldn't barely hear what the irritated tele operator was trying to tell me above the roar of the melbourne wind. " Dustbin on fire," I reported, suddenly a little foolish. Dustbin?! If the lady was trying not to laugh, she did a pretty good job. But anyway, within a minute, two fire engines came wailing up the street... TWO?! The fire was getting bigger, but i think a fire extinguisher could have done the job pretty ok. Geez.

Tried my darnest to do some work, ended up playing jay chou's songs on the guitar. People usually comment about how kids who go overseas become more "westernised" . I think i'm an oddity. Check this out, me listening to chinese songs. Pigs are gonna fly next.

Neway, i just screwed 3 test papers in a row. amazing stuff. really demoralizes you. So my conclusion is i'm gonna screw tuesday's test too. But seriously, i don't care. And it's scarey. Had a call from a pal at 1am in the morning because of the stress of the exam. Bleary eyed, I took the call. Let's just say it's a total role reversal. I"m usually the one panicking . Queer?

" There's a dustbin on fire at the corner of Queen's and Bourke street..."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?