<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 04, 2003

of singing and cadavars


Acapella group pract. session no. 2 officially went into full swing today. As I stumbled out of the lecture theatre, with my mind spinning with new terms and trying to come to terms with the fact that i was most probably not going to be able to sleep tonight with the amount of studying i had to do, the only thing that kept my feet moving was the anticipation. I missed acapella singing. So badly. Yeah, it's something like an addiction, never could really get away far from it though I swore i 'd never sing in a group again after my numerous bad experiences with acap groups.

K and J met me outside the theatre. 3 of us were bemoaning the utter lack of guys in our group. We'd just lost a tenor to the immense pressure and workload the course was giving us. KE and W met us outside with A and Wi tagging along. The latter two grinned rather sheepishly and spoke the words that we so wanted to hear.. " Can we join????"

Ok.. so now we have an overload of guys. But hell, our numbers look better than before. I left the yelling and organisation to K. I had had enough of organising stuff after a stint as prez of my ex acap group and later, one of the music coords.. I just wanted to get down to the singing. TOo bad the guys were a little too playful. My patience really wore thin. After K managed to restore order, I had to contend with 5 others who had never sung acap in their life. the tenors kept singing the alto part, the basses kept fooling around. But in the end, we managed to put together a coca cola song that i arranged last year. really simple song, but it kept our spirits up when we managed to ramble through an acceptable sounding version. yippee... it's cool. oh y


Cadavars...

our tutor wasn't bad at all. I was holding my breath in anticipation when he opened his mouth, but he sure didn't disappoint me. :) thank god. Neway, cadavars have stopped shocking me, bad smell and all. I was merrily hacking away at the fasica today. whoopee.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?