<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Note b4 reading: there seems to be a prob with the page. i can't fix it. but to read the current post, click on any archive link, then reclick the "current post" link. coz right now, half my page seems to be cut off.


Moving

HH was in a stress mode. I recognised it the moment i entered her house. She had this half distracted, half stern look plastered on her visage, and she spoke in a tersed tone. After hauling down box after box to the basement, a couple of us followed S to move HH's stuff into her new place. HH took one look at me as I slumped against the wall listlessly and suggested that i stayed back to look after the house.

I sat on the floor and glanced sadly round her room, now deviod of anything save for her writing desk and a chair. This was supposed to be my room the following year. Oh the irony of it all! To be sitting in a place you couldn't have. I ran my fingers over her guitar strings and played "if".

If only...

Je bounced into the room, startling me out of my reveire.

" MIne!!! Her place is so big! She's so lucky!"

I gave a weak smile and trudged out of the room into the hallway. I stopped outside her housemate's door. Even after what she had done, I had no more capacity to rage at her. I was so tired. Anger had drained every ounce of strength that i had.



I followed Je to Js' car down in the garage and loaded the last of HH's stuff which was going to my place, where she would be taking up temporary residence. HH appeared a couple of minutes later and collapsed in the back seat.
" it's all over!" she gasped. " I'm so glad it's over."


Je dropped us at my place where we hauled up HH's luggage into my room, which was already full of boxes. All packed up and nowwhere to go.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?