<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003

Post Exam bliss

My concentration had gone whoop whoop . Reason had deserted me. I was on the shopping warpath in chadstone. Alright, I admit. It's just the post exam syndrome... RETAIL THERAPHY is the word. THe pract paper ( which was spent zooming from one station to another ) spelt a certain doom both for my sanity and my physical form as I nearly hurtled smack into a pillar while I tried to change station with my eyes glued to the exam paper. but hell, i'd no idea what that mess in the microscope was supposed to be, it could have been anything from carcinoma to the purple blob that ate christmas, i still couldn't tell the diff.

Mumsg gang decided to go yum cha in Doncaster. So we boarded a stuffy old bus, equipped with everything from dysfunctional windows to a bus driver who was clearly the Grinch in an alternate disguise. For the uninitiated, melbourne's bus drivers are to put it mildly, total bastards with an attitude to boot. We once ended up in the middle of nowwhere just because we were too terrified to ask the bus driver if that was the correct route, so appreciate the singapore transport system.

It was a balmy day. No wrong. It was a furnace. We stumbled in the heat to the cool welcoming air coned env of the restaurant. ANd so went the usual lunch where we stuffed ourselves silly. the food was n't that great but the company was good. When our lateral hypothalamus finally gave up, we stepped reluctantly out into the blazing heat and waited for the next bus to take us to boxhill.

It was pure torture. I felt like a charsiew bao been left to languish on the grill. To make matters worse, the bus seemed to take great pleasures in getting caught in the traffic. I was wishing fervently for an air con to be conjured out of nowwhere. Ok, fine. I made a vow to worship the air conditioner when i got to the mall.

Boxhill was a place I'd only seen at night when W took me out dinner. Too bad we couldn't stop to try the fantastic food one more time. But we did go on a rampage in the mall. or rather we tried to. IT was just too darn hot. I purchase a cute little white bag for ten bucks.

Then we took the bus ( oh joy) to chadstone. Another torturous ride through the winding roads of the sub urban estates and i was ready to climb onto the roof and do a mad jig in my dillirium. LZ kept telling me she was nice and hot and ready to eat. But i just couldn't get past the glistening finishing.

Ah.. chadstone, the mecca of shopping in melbourne. A huge labyrinth of shops almost equivalent to suntec and basically, a shopper's dream. Sweating, glazed over and just extremely tired, we started on our conquest to cover the place. After trying on a mini skirt dozens of times, I walked around jay jays contemplating on whether to bust my wallet. In the end I returned, sheepishly taking the skirt from the amused salesgal. Purchased a halter from jay jays too. We had dinner at chadstone. To our utmost surprise, nic didn't buy A THING. OMG, someone call the guiness book of world records. Well, it was certainly a rare occurrance. I was quite happy with my purchases, albeit a little guilty of spending 50 bux on them.

And so ended the day which also marked the start of post exam madness.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?