<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 06, 2003

" GOsh, what happened to you?"

I peered over the top of my half eaten sandwich at my friend.

" What happened to me?" I asked quizzically.

" I mean, the clothes.. You're dressing rather.. maturely," she said, casting around for a more appropriate word.

I glanced casually at my outfit, a rather plain looking ensemble of a white v neck and a mini skirt. Not something I usually wore, but nothing over the top. " What's wrong with it?" I mused.

" I don't know," she shrugged. " I mean, ever since you've gone to Melbourne, you've started dressing like a working woman, plucked your eyebrows, and done goodness-knows-what to your hair."

Suddenly conscious, I fingered with a few stray strands of my locks. "But i've had it dyed since the end of JC," I protested defensively.

But she was right. I guess I've changed my image slightly since I've left for Melbourne. Probably more than I've ever noticed though there were subtle hints, like old friends striding by without recognising me. I never meant to have made a conscious effort to change my image other than try unsuccessfully to shed a few kilos.

Ok.. so what if I now wore more well-chosen tops, complete with the latest hat perched on my hair. Or so what if i actually started wearing skirts ( gasp, watch out, pigs may fly next too). I usually just throw on a ratty tshirt and rumpled jeans when I dragged myself to uni in the morning. Somethings never do change :P

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?