<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

catching up.
( I"m editing this post.. gotta get my thots 2gether icks)

I finally managed to get hold of one of my good frens from RJC. she went on a hol and she juz got back. As we spoke on the phone, i realised how awkard our conversation was. I had perceived this problem last holz, so i set out to consciously email my class pals during the semester to keep in touch with them so that at least when i met them during the holz, it wouldn't be like. starting where we left off 4 mths ago. Well.. it worked for some.. i guess with some frens, whom i've known for eons, distance and constant communication were no longer factors in our frenship. We could meet up a year later and still ahve tons to debrief about. but with some of my jc frens, it was hard. I couldn't possibly tell them every single thing that has happened in the last 4 months in a couple of hours... I think both she and I were actually relieved when we heard her phone battery give up. I felt pretty regretful how distance can actually reveal the true nature of your frenships. I guess she and i were super close simply becoz we hung out in class, and out of class and in choir, . but i sensed that once the things we shared in common were gone, the strands that held our firm frenship intact also loosened. I still catch up with her every hols, but with each passing break, the akwardness grows. i hope it gets better. will try emailing her more often... well. i did try. But we had fun in JC and i'll treasure those mmts for a really really long time.. :) neway meeting her on sat hopefully with charmz, hy and sy.



Met up with cowzy last sunday, ( i think it was ) unfortunately JC was stuck in the ndp rehearsal so it was juz 2/3 of the chem S gang on our usual gathering during my breaks back. i still recall how sitting with them in lectures was equivalent to juz dozing thru it all.( albeit with giggling and guffaws and a lot of yelling issuing from me) they both had the knack for kachaoing the shit out of me in choir, in chem S class, and all the way to the MRT. But i miss those crazy days in RJ. like how J n I used to corner cowzy on monday so we could copy his chem s homework( we still muse about how we managed to actualy pass the exam or how come the teacher nv noticed the carbon copies. )ah.. one of those unsolved mysteries. I"ts scary how fast the years fly by.

When I was out with aiai that day, i looked at the Jc students who walked past uz in far east with a mixture of wonderment and envy. Just 1 and a half years ago, i was like them, dressed in a uniform... my life mainly revolved around schoolwork, passing my tests, choir, acappella singing, my little group of frens... I thot back at some of the little things that got me so choked up about in JC.. tiffs with my frens, misunderstandings with teachers, those disastrous choir committee meetings. They all seems so silly now. Now my worries extend beyond the scope school has confined me to. Living on my own has really broadened my view of this world and the ppl in it and it's freaky. I'ts freaky having to do so much growing up in this short time. I still feel somewhat like the same person who first left singapore, but yet there is a difference which i can't relaly pinpoint. i feel old. okok.. don't slaughter me..it' s not that aging part ( innocent grinz) it's more of the experiences i get living alone overseas.

neway, back to the catching up... I realise that I still can't talk to cowzy much LOL.. realised i never really had a proper conversation with him in all the 3 years i've known him, but with cowzy, you could tell him your problems and expect really sound advice and a serious listening ear. he's one of those rare ppz in the world who bother to care about everyone's welfare at the expense of his own.and he's still his own philosophical self..:P ah.. i remember that it was him who convinced me to go for choir auditions in teh same place. kinda wonder what it would have been like if i never went and continued with gymnastics.
i was helping him chose a prez for QH who was coming to melbourne next sem. I spotted this nice nice necklace in perlini's and i was like " hey cowzy, that one is quite nice for her, try it !"
it took a while for it to sink in.

"WAT?? you want me to try that??"

sorry, the least i could do was to remember the gender of my frens..




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?