<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Driving my parents crazy


" Ahhhhhhhhhhh... ahhhhhhhhhhh."

My mom wasn't watching a horror movie, but she looked like she had just seen a ghost. She was plastered on the rear car seat, her gaze transfixed in a wide-eyed look of pure terror. Basically, I was simply trying to filter into the middle lane on the ECP.

" Shit," I cursed as some car I didn't see suddenly overtook me from my right just as I was about to change my lane.

" Keep to your lane, keep to your lane," my dad muttered tersely, eyeing the vehicles around us as though they were steamrollers.


I recall it was super difficult trying to get my dad to let me drive his MVP, smth i've been dreaming about since I got my license in melb. I managed to convince him after the first time I drove that I wasn't going to total his car. So he's been letting me sneak a bit of practise here and there. But sometimes, i totally suck to high heaven, and i suppose this day was once of those days.

J told me it takes practise, but then again, he follows that up with accounts of mowing over curbs and reversing into walls. And he's been driving for a year. So er... I think i'm not gonna take his word for it.

The fella behind me sounded his horn.

" I"M IN the LEFT LANE,for goodness sake," I yelled. I signalled and jerked my wheel right. I still have yet to master the art of filtering gracefully. Changing lanes is a somewhat traumatic experience for my backseat passengers, coz I literally swerve into the next lane. A whimper from the backseat confirmed that I had successfully pulled off the swerving manuveur.

I finally got my parents and myself safely home. I happily put on my handbrake and hopped out b4 I realised that my dad was staring at me in horror> i had left the gear in"drive" .... oops.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?