<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

ECP.

Hai.. wat can I say, i'm a true blue Eastern babe. Went cycling at East Coast park.. A lot of the park has been renovated but some of the ole remains. I rented a bike at a kiosk near macs and proceeded the eastern direction this time. Past the chalets, past the lagoon, past that pond. In primary 6, i remember coming here a lot with June and HY.We were supposed to be doing hard core studying at June's house, but somehow we always ended up walking a few blocksa dn landing up on a wavebreaker, gazing at the sea and wondering where we would end up in the future. Then when we got hungry, We used to buy fries from macs and coz we couldn't finish it, we would feed it to the turtles in teh pond nearby :) whoooopz. wonder why the turtles looked supersized these dayz.

I pumped the pedals hard , watching the trees zip by. It is amazing how fast you could go when there was hardly anyone aroudn in teh park... i came last last sat and i could barely move coz there was juz so many pple everywhere. I avoided a few near misses with some kids cycling on the wrong lane and some hunks who were trying to blade backwards. ( okok.. i admit, i was aiming for them).

I went past the lagoon and the food centre. To my shock, the simple food centre had been replaced by a mammoth structure. well. it still was a food centre ( as the sign indicated) but i missed the old peeling structure where I used dine with my parents at night.

I spotted the bedok pier and headed for it. I think it must have been like 6 years since i last stepped onto the pier. Used to come here with my family quite often. We would rent bikes frm the nearby kiosk in carpark d and then cycle to the pier. I think they renovated teh pier. They painted it with really gaudy looking colours but the old fishing crowd was still there. Quite funny, i remember riding past used to be quite a traumatic experience, you had to be careful not to get hooked by the fishing hooks when the would be fisherman swung their rods back wards. Either that or you could get smacked by a caught fish.

I just stood there beside my bike catching my breath. It's weird standing at the edge of a long pier. U sorta feel detached to the land, yet still dependent on it...

It's freaky how much a place can change after a few years. I pass by ECP most of the time on my way towards the city, but i never realised the subtle changes that had taken place, until today, when i had the chance to take a closer look. Guess it's the same with pple and places. They don't stop changing, until they leave u far behind,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?