<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 24, 2004

blogspot is so slow.. moan groan
neway, i reedited this entry , lz. inc ase you're reading it.


Life: people walk in and out of your hearts, some vanish without a trace, others leave their footprints behind

Lizhen ( see link to her blog) was blogging about frens and life overseas. like to carry on the topic. juz finished load of emails to frens, too tired to write anymore. i find i'm juz cutting and pasting.. why? it's been so long sincei last wrote or they last replied.. i dunno where to start.. so in the end i juz give up.. sometimesi find the mental capacity to start bloggin but the enthusiasm wears out. .. like now.

words seem so superficial.. keep in touch!!! mail me!!! but it never materialises.. it's a fault both parties partake and I understand that i suppose. typing is a pain if you can't do it fast. I type like hell, but even then, I still can't be bothered to hammer out emails after emails phrasing the same events in my life in different ways and sending it to all my frens back in spore.. mebbe it's the same reason why hardly anyone writes back.

After a series of recent events, I've really taken to examining my social circle here a little more closely. My fren recently fractured her wrist during a skiing accident. After one night of a nightmarish wait in the ER for the absolutely SLOW SLOW SLOW med system to give her some attention.. I suddenly realised how blessed i was to have my frens here. Observing how my gang here banded together to help Char, and how brave Char was ,it suddenly hit me how precious my frens here were to me. It really touched me...watching Elaine sacrificeher sleep, and giving everything she had, physically and emotionally even when she had a test the following monday, Jas, even down with a fever, still giving all the support she could to char.. aiai n lz take care of char, nic bringing char dinner and wait out in the ER with her then send everyone back, having the gang drop by to visit her.. and watching char bear the whole thing so bravely. My goodness, she kept our spirits up even tho' we were all so tired in the ER, and even when she was feeling like absolute crap. Even with lz's bag incident.. the gang was there to help. I knew that if i was in dire need for help, my frens were there to catch me and see me through the crisis. We've really grown close in this semester.. hard to imagine that we started out as a rag tag team of pple, thrown together coz of the one thing they had in common -- we were from singapore. I still recall the pre-departure briefing, the fortnightly potlucks in sem 1 and 2. The fleeting hi' byes we gave each other during lectures. We seriously would never have gotten together as a gang if we were back home.. :) our personaitlies were so different.. really at the extreme ends of the spectrum, and yet, our karmas allowed our paths to cross and become entwined more closely as the course progressed. This sem has seen alot of shitty stuff happening, but yet we 're all pretty happy.. (?!!?) i dunno about the rest, but i certainly am enjoying this semester tons more( even if it's neuro)... so thanks guys :), for listening to my whinings.. for caring, for pulling me out of my lows and celebrating the highs with me. or for simply juz having lunch in the pbl rooms ( and stoning around with moi) :)

i
lz pointed out that it was so weird. how we end up falling back on pple we have only known for a year plus... and how no one back home would understand what we sometimes go thru.

It's hard to slip back into life back in spore. it feels like you're on seperate wavelenghts.. true i can relate some anecdotes of my life here in melbourne, but truth be told, it's hard to get teh whole picture, or how i actually feel? it's hard to put it into words, typed out on the computer screen.. I'ts ironic how excited I feel to be going back next year to do research.. yet feel so relieved my melbourne frens will be returning with me.




Lz and I always marvel how we got thru first semester.. We both lived alone, barely knew anyone.. for lz it was even tougher.. she sprained her ankle and had to get around on her own. I realised how little i appreciated the care i got from my family back home. When you're injured/incapacitated here, it's really a pain in the arse. not only have you to deal with uni, you've to deal with your reduced ability to wash, clean teh hosue, cook, take care of your self, get yourself med attention. Things we usually have someone do for uz back home when you're sick. things I always took for granted.your social circle is your only saving grace here.

well, it wasn't the most pleasant experience in teh world, but it is one of those things you gain when you go overseas. but i supposed it has made me stronger in more ways than one. I know i can take a lot more that is thrown my way now than in the past. it takes a hell lot more to make me break down. i've noticed subtle differences in how i deal with matters, how i managed pple and problems. I"ve discovered independence,.. and above all, I've discovered myself.. ( haha.. shades of HP) but seriously, all these theory about discovering yourself you read in your HP text. it's not utter bull. it really happens.

so mew, when you commented about me being less emotionally dependent on my paretns.. it deson't mean i love them less.. i know they're alwasy there for me, but i now can stand on my own... without relying too much on them to solve my problems in life. Yeah, it's all part of growing up for everyone.. mebbe i've been too molly coddled back home..

i geuss that's life.. relating back tot eh phrase i quoted at the top.. pple juz keep walking in and out.. you can't stop change. but there are those precious few who have left their footprints in my heart.. and i'll treasure those imprints for a long time to come..

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?