<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 26, 2004

I was touched by the light of the Dharma. It was such a beautiful realisation, realising that the Truth was all around me. I felt really tired from all that reflection and debate, but my heart danced with joy.

I finally realised that root of my suffering in life. Reverend Miaoyu was teaching us about 4 Noble Truths. And the topic of the day was the 2nd Noble truth - the origin of suffering.


It all stems from disharmony.

1) disharmony between materail things and oneself
2) disharmony between peopl and one's self
3( disharmony between teh body and one's self
4disharmony between the mind and one's self
5 disharmony between desire and one's self
6) disharmony between views and one's self
7) disharmony between desire and one's self

I saw how each and everyone of these disharmonies has given me my suffering in my life. it was an awesome discussion that followed. I really love the way the classes are run. We practise humanistic Buddhism, and the reverends guide us how to apply the principles in our lives. And in that short time, i suddenly came to the realisation about the areas of my life that so needed the guidence of the Dharma.

I saw my attachment to self.. My disatisfaction with my self .. My constant craving for items which led to the viscous cycle of suffering. Ignorance and misunderstadning .. leading to karma leading to suffering and leading back to ignorance. I reflected on people whom i had friction ridden relationships with, I reflected on events that angered me in the past and of frenships gone sour, of events of my life that have gone so so wrong .. past and present. The reason of the Dharma explains it all, and i take heart that there is an answer to these problems.


Fan2 shuo3 you3 xiang1
jie1 shi4 Xu1 wang4
ruo4 jian4 zhu3 xiang1 fei1 xiang1
ying4 jian4 ru2 lai2

The Diamond Sutra

Regardless of anytype of form you can percieve,
everything is just an illumination
If you are able to realise that all forms have false existance,
you will realise the truth of emptiness

obstacles and bad relationships arise from past bad karma. And we need to eradicate this and not generate more bad karma. Radiate compassion people who bear you a grudge. Take insults or scoldings gracefully and graciously for these are the seeds of karma you have sown in teh past that have taken root. They are your retribution. try to irradicate past bad karma but don't generate another new bad karma by retaliation and violence. For it only goes in a viscous cycle.. like 9/11. Reverend Yongwei gave an awesome lecture on teh Diamond sutra, though i was unable to do it justice translating it, i hoped the congregation managed to get the essence of it. The Buddha guided me in helping to spread His teachings and I was very very grateful for the strength and encouragement He gave me .. and from the support from my team. ( including Sq and Reverend Miao yu sitting in front and waving prompts :) )

Reverend Miaoyu had a talk with me in the afternoon and she helped me come to the realisation of so many things in my life. I felt like a great load has been lifted from me.. It was very very mentally exhausting coming to terms with so many realisations and facing my problems and sufferings. But my Dharma sisters, brothers and my teachers helped me in my struggle to examine my sufferings and I think I am heading off in teh right direciton in dealing with them. I am slowly shaking off the shackles of disillusion and ignorance and stepping on the path the Buddha has taught us.


It is such a beautiful, wonderful feeling, ---- liberation.

Thank you Sakyamuni Buddha for your precious guidance ....



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?