<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 04, 2004

THe windows to my world
( a tribute to my glasses)


I never really knew how much i relied on them. I wake up every morning, pop them on my nose, and juz go about with my stuff. Don't really realsie their presence. sometimes.. gosh i 've even sat on them.,,

Never realised how much i needed them till... they broke.


SCREAM


right. i hate contacts with a burning passion. Can't wait to grab them off my eyeballs and toss them into the bin when i come home. I trussed my poor trusty glasses up with scotch tape and sat them on my nose and tried my best to study. They stayed balanced precariously on my ala. thankfully they're functional enuff for home use., but they were barely holding together. Had to go jogging, and my contacts for the day were already sitting in the bin, so i decided to pull a stunt and go without visual aid.

My world became a murky blur. Objects took on a surreal look, people were just blobs bobbing in the distance, cars seemed to streak by without actually being there. I started on the jogging path, praying that i wouldn't step on some dog's tail. I coudln't see anyone's face. It was like I was in one of those dreams where you coudl see ppl but you couldn't recognise them. It's amazing how much more you can appreciate the greenery when you're not concentrating on the people running aorund the trek(aka the cute guys). My unfocused vision took in the trees, the rolling lawn, the sprawling cemetery, the little blobs runnig aroudn teh football field ( i supposed they are human) ... I barely even glanced at my fellow joggers ( well, coz i couldn't see their features, so wat's the point) I guess we humans are visual creatures ( LOL.. lz.. yez yez.. i'll get down from my anti-guy, feministic high horse and admit dat we gals are visual creatures too) .

Well, it was hard work running. I had to focus on not tripping over stuff, I had to concentrate more on moving objects ( tho' i couldn't figure wat they were til 1m away, i swear, i think i saw mickey mouse joggin rnd the park too) In all, I think i super regret screwing up my eyes in primary school. It was a bit scary to realise how inadequate a part of my anatomy was... and it's a damage that can't be reversed ( w/o laser treatment that iz).
Argh.. now i'm hearing my mom's voice in my head.. " WHO ASK YOU TO WATCH TV SO CLOSE???"
okok.. sorry sorry..

wait. was that an auditory halluncination?

Somethign tells me i'm having disorganised thought. wat was i disucssing in the first place?

wait. i think i see mickey mouse again.


schizophrenia definetely . told ya the assignment and neuro would drive me psychotic( smirk)
thank good ness bill gates doesn't tell me to leap into the computer. LOL.

thank goodness neuroscience is over. whew.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?