<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 12, 2004

Confessions of a Blur birthday gal.

The Mumsg had their first success birthday surprise of the year!!!! We have a really high screw up rate for surprises ( check out the stats)

1) lizhen’s bday: Omg… this was really funny. One of us let slip the plan of the surprise in the elevator with lz standing right in front.. LOL . then the whole extended gang crammed into ai and char’s room waiting for her to come home. And we waited… and we waited.. and we waited.. Our dear gal had a SALP meeting and didn’t come back till really really late.. and by that time we were talking really really loudly and she heard us from outside. Plus someone left a candle and matchsticks outside on the table…
2) Aiai’s bday: mags left her handphone outside when we sneaked into the kitchen. Next thing we heard aiai yelling :” Liiizhen… how come you bought a new phone???”
3) Char’s bday: lizhen hid me in the kitchen corner while aiai fetched j9. might have worked if not for lizhen’s screaming about 4getting to buy something and next thing I knew, I saw char peering at me..” Xl, wat are you doing here?”
4) Nic’s bday: nic marched into the room just as aiai was poised to light the candles.
5) Wanyen’s bday: got messed up by a thief who stole lz’s baggie from under my nose.
6) My bday??? Well, I messed up. But the gang didn’t J



I’ll be honest with you guys, I was feeling pretty mopey coz even tho’ I ‘m usually reluctant to celebrate my bday at home coz it always seems to concide with exams, I usually have my family around, and it’s only when I’m alone during the pre-exam period that it really hit me how much I took my family for granted during my bdaes, plus c’mon. muggin the brain stem seem slike an awful way to go haha.. I was hoping to get to see all you guys today. Pretty disappointed couldn’t see all u guys on my bday, but I told myself , hey, I had u guys all round the year , that was a huge huge blessing already, wat was one day vs. that?
I actually wanted to ask you guys out for dinner, but figured it would be really bad of me to take away your study time so I banished the idea. . It never occurred to me you would come to my house because j9’s mom was here.

the gang was really really smart… J they brought my presents to the law library.. even the cards were worded so carefully. I was all prepared to just spend my day mugging and then head home and mug somemore Even though nic was asking me wat time I was going back home, and wheter I was gonna come to the library later that night. I didn’t take much notice because u guys usually ask that anyway . .. aiai left early but I knew she usually had cell group on Tuesday, so I didn’t suspect anything. Nic always left when he got xianz with studying, so I didn’t figure anything too. . SO.. the bottom line was even tho’ I did muck up my routine that day, your routines saved u

I actually planned to study till 6pm, but then I got fed up trying to study cranial nerves w/o netters, so I left early. Had no idea how much I messed up their plans.. J the plan was that when I came back home, they would already be at my house . I recall thinking ( after I missed the tram by one min and had to stand there waiting for the next stupid tram to arrive ( for ppl back home in Singapore.. it was melb cup day, public holiday, yez a holiday for horse racing, so basically the trams were really infrequent . somemore raining outside, I was thinking, bloody hell. Wat awful weather Can’t even go for my jog

Came back home.. didn’t even take note of the other hints... Kelvin yelling to auntie that I was home and then asking if I was going jogging ( in the rain for goodness sakes J but then again, kelv, you always make me laugh anyway LOL) , I didn’t see auntie panicking and shutting the kitchen door, j9 did give me a strange look when she saw me home but I was too preoccupied to give it a 2nd thot. I actually wandered into the kitchen for a piece of j9’s cake and took a blur glance at the intricately arranged wonton on the plate and told auntie.. “ that’s a very nice presentation! My mom always tells me I can make edible food look inedible by dumping it on the plate. I need to learn how to make that kind of presentation.” Then took my cake , and drink and went to call me mom.. didn’t even see the enormous amount of food auntie cooked. Found out from my mom that my poor cousin’s kidneys finally failed and how he had to go on dialysis. I think that’s why I was pretty spaced out, coz I had my mind on that. Went to the kitchen, and was talking to auntie about my cousin, didn’t take much notice the huge amount of fruits on the table.
So blur manz.. didn’t even see nic’s car coming in even though my room overlooks the garage. didn’t even hear the gang coming up the stairs. I heard j9 jangling her keys but I just thot mebbe she left them in the lock again, like last time ( once again, routine saves the day).

And then juz as I flipped open my brain stem notes and was about to resign myself to the horrible fate of studying that bloody thing… j9 knocked on my door. ( at this point, ladies and gentleman, the only thing I thot was .. yay.. dinner’s ready, can go and sample the delicious looking wanton) I turned around and in burst the gang screaming happy birthday.

Basically, juz as a final evidence ( esp since to convince j9 J ) that I really really was surprised.. I screamed. I don’t usually scream unless I’m really really shocked. ( Kelvin, knows that … from the millions of times you have tried to scare me around the house.. LOL)

So we had pot luck and nic made this awesome tiramisu cake !!!! ( I actually heard mark raving about your cake the 2nd last week of school) yez, it lived up to the hype! It was soooooo good. ( cake business nic , cake business.. )

Gosh, thanks guys soooooo much for taking time off to give me this wonderful birthday. It’s really the biggest surprise I’ve had in a while, and I’m really touch ed by your guys sacrificing your study time for thiz manz. Really sweet of you to plan it ! I absolutely Looooove all my presents and best of all, the surprise! Thank you thank you thank you j9, lizhen, nic, Maggie,wanyen, aiai, char, kevl and j9’s mom for this wonderful 20th birthday I couldn’t think of a better way to hit the big 2 0 s !!!!











Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?