<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 27, 2004

MAMAMIa!

I knew dad was one of his moods again. He had been blastnig ABBA songs all morning on the computer... a subtle gesture to try to get us kids to listen. My sister and I shrugged, shut our room door and turned on Usher on teh radio. But dad wasn't gonnna let up. ABBA still found it's way into our room.

We were gonna watch mama mia... and dad was determined to get us kids pumped up and ready to go. So he bundled all of us in the car.... I was busily scheming how to get him to let me drive the car when the strains of ABBA's Waterloo interuptted my thougths..

Before long, I had lost any notion of asking to take over the wheel and joined my family crooning to the catchy tunes of ABBA. by the time we got to the esplanade.. we had probably sung a good number of the songs that was going to be presented later in the musical

That's the amusing yet lovable thing about my family. we tend to go into crazes together.. 4 example, with music.. We go crazed over the same thing at the same point of time. wheter it be elton john, ABBA, michael jackson, etc.. the car will be turned into a makeshift karaoke room. My dad's the ring leader of these crazes.. I can still recall my mom rolling her eyes in exasperatio as my dad, my bro and me excitedly pored over starwars toys in the store or the latest star wars game.

lastest craze? table soccer and ABBA. I sense a huge starwars craze appearing next year ( oh yez.. a disturbance in the force) ...

now where did i put that light saber?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?