<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Xmas!!!


Xmas dayz.. w/o daniel. :(.

Ah well, went for the usual Xmas bash at Auntie Pat's house. I haven't seen everyone for ages!!! The only one i've met was probalby cherie babe. I couldn't recognise everyone, even tho' these are ppl I've known since I was a child. Well, i wasn't the only one struggling. All the aunties and uncles had difficulty identifying all the "kids"

Ok.. HX of us. I've spent every major holiday with these bunch of ppl since I was a baby. They are actually my dad's batch mates in SIA and their families and we all used to stay in the same condo in loyang. So fun!!! My best pal cherie stayed above me, Jason stayed beside her, my mom's fren beside us, and my sister's best pal in the next block. I still recall uz exploring Loyang valley together when we were young. Anyway, even after we all moved out of loyang, we've always made it a point to meet up eveyr xmas and CNY. so here we are again. Except the young faces of my playmates are no longer recognisable.

As we gals sat down to chit chat at the dining table, the screaming from the younger kids ( busy at play) from the garden drifted into the house. At that moment, it hit all of uz how fast the years have passed by.. We were once the kids screaming in that very same garden, and the mothers sat at the dining table. But now, we now occupied the dining area, the mothers had being displaced outside on the driveway, and the fathers still occupied the patio. The guys occupied the hall. we're OLD WE"RE OLD?? I"M OLD???? nvm.
Hai.. jason and Denzill.. DUDez.. dudez dudez.. where in the world are you? grrrr... CNY have to go and drag them in manz.. I smiled inwardly as I watch 12yr old MX play with the kids. I was once in her place.. being the eldest of all the SIA kids, i had the job of coming out with all the games we played.

So we sat and talked.. and talked.. still whoa . 4am!!! check it out.. everything.. from sex, to guys, to love lives, to scandals, to movies to schools. Even though our ages ranged from 14 to 20 years , and we haven't seen each other for a year or so.. we could just catch up from wehre we left off.. :P that was good. but at 4am, i think our energy ran out. the adults weren't done yet, so we played taiti.. jo and I rock.. haha. nah, I won one game. My 2nd win ever. groan. and only coz i had like 3 aces and 3 "2s" silly huh? and i thinki finally understand the game.. ( goodness, after 6 years of learning!?!)

I got tired of tai ti ('i'm juz not a card game fanatic) , so i wandered off to the patio to join the adults for a drink and their chit chat. I suppose with all the merry making and the copious alcohol.. it really went into everyone's heads. ok. fine. the guys' heads. THey were all so high, and one of the uncles give me a lecture about some indian guy who " was a brahmin and died at the age of 84" , who went "nyag gedai gedai." and " ai yoyo" and who kept saying ' who gives a shit" .. on a repeat button. Omg ..omg. i was so high on laughter i coudln't even walk properly. i hope i didn't seem too rude, well i suppose it was alright since my mom was tickled pink too. Auntie was glaring at uz. "SO you're gonna leave me with thizz??!!!" pointing to uncle who was still goin on with teh same story. hai. alcohol. With all your Dopamin receptors in your brain knocked out.. i'll just quote him. " WHO GIVES A SHIT???"


we left at about 5am. ( mom refused to let me drive back , sulk, then i would have taken the wine. ) ... but i had a great time :) merry boxing day ppz..


Comments:
juz trying this.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?