<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 01, 2005

as we usher in the new year...

It was a quiet end and a subdued beginning. For the first time, the New year party was held at Auntie C's house. And for the first time, the SIA kids were there. But there was no rowdy shouting , no countdown, no cheers to greet the New year. Only polite handshakes, ship horns, and my very unsuccessful attempt to uncork champagne ( with everyone staring at me in anticipation) .

No one brought cards, so we just sat around talking. The group was visibly smaller than the Xmas gathering. I brought my guitar. Strummed, sang a few songs. The 2 Chris and Cherie managed to learn "Hero" :) well done dudes and dudettes. Esp the guys ... playing the guitar juz completes the pictures Grinz...

reflections

It seems like I'm living on a different planet. Looking at the pix in the papers, with the bodies of ppl bloated and discoloured beyond recognition, i feel so disconnected from them, even tho' they lie a few hundred miles from our shores.It's like boxing day never happened. . I visited the temple to pray 2 days ago. I knelt in His compassionate light and asked why this could have happened. But the answer was already there in His teachings. Cause and Effect. The 1st and 2nd Noble truths. I asked for Buddha to guide the people who survived, and to ease their suffering and to help the relatives of the deceased to come to grips with the calamity. I pray that the deceased would be reborn in safer places.

http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/news/tsunamirelief/

check out the above site to find out how you can help.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?