<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 17, 2005

horrifying event no. 1
it was so surreal. Jo and I were walking to meet mom at the taxi stand, when a loud bang startled us. I turned around just to see a motorcylcist flung off his vehicle. It was a horrifying sight, watching a man helplessly sailing through the air and landing in a heap by the edge of the road. His vehicle was smashed, and metallic debris littered the side of the road. A group of passersby gathered at the taxi stand and gawked at the sight. I dumped poor jo with the bag and dialled for an ambulance. Coudln't even recall wat the no. of ambulance was. jo said it was 995. Mom said the guy tried to get up but collapsed again. I pray he is ok. That was a pretty hard hit. I wish i could be of more use.. but i would probably end up giving him a total lesion of the spinal cord than saving his life.

Horrifying event no. 2.

was in the mrt last tuesday. I was bursting to save the fire, so alighted at Kallang, and then boarded the train for Bedok. This Indian guy stood so close to me his hand brushed against my thigh. At first I thot.. aiyah, crowded lah, so i stepped back. But instead of withdrawing his hand and readjusting his position, this guy just kept coming lor. wah piang.. now his hand was in a place I don't even dare mention. My face burning, I shoved my way further in the car. The moment the train stopped at the next mrt, this asshole darted out, that's when i knew that he was really up to no good.

The problem with us gals accusing someone of outraging our modesty is that we need to be sure b4 we start yelling. in this case, this guy was obviously guilty but I coudln't have him caught because I wasn't even sure if it was just the lack of space or his devious intentions that cause him to touch me. Just a note to gals out there... wat i shoudl have done was looked at him straight in the eye and said "" Xcuse me sir, but do you mind placing your hands some place else, because I feeling fucking uncomfortable with you plastering them on my crotch.. " oh ok/.. " Because I feel uncomfortable " would suffice and draw attention to you and him and stop the outrage of modesty. But having said that, i can understand why most molesters get a way with it.. coz at that point of time, you're so confused and stunned to actually even scream out loud. Just be wary gals.. when you're in a crowded place, the guy huddling next to you may have less innocent intentions than just enjoying your personal space.



Now ( cracking knuckles) my dear mew, the below is an actual narrative.. not the one i wrote earlier. lol.. or i'll have to spend my next meeting with you debating wat narratives are.. :)


The familar form startled her the moment it caught her eye. Guilt and painful memories cruelly flooded her brain as she darted out of sight. It was all her fault. She was such a coward, a being unworthy of existence. she still couldn't summon up the courage to face it . She thought she had managed to burn all her bridges with it. She threw them all away, all those reminders that had collected in that short amount of time. She thought it would help her forget, but the ashes still fluttered around her, mocking her of the shocking blow she had dealt with one cruel message. She was sorry, but she held her head up high and her lips shut. Her pride kept the lie going.

whoo.. can feel my fingers flexed for narrative writing once again. but then again, i suck at narratvie writing. hmm. i remember i avoided it like plague after one disastrous essay. ah well. when i've the time and the inspiration, I shall set on expanding on this one.

and after all that sobz sobz.. and Eek Eek! Here's something that was a bright spark in my prev. week.

Nice peaceful mindblowing event no. 1

Had a zen master from Perth speak to BFellowship on Sunday. ( note: before anyone jumps into conclusions, BF = Buddhist fellowship. k? ) She was a very very excellent orator! I also heard Brother Lim speak of the Firefly mission to Myanmur. Brother Lim spoke with so much passion, I thot he was going to cry. wow.. I'm considering signing up on teh next mission.. i think it'll be an experience of a lifetime! I enjoyed prayer session ( tho' i was dreadfully late) . it was less rituals than Fo guang.. and more theravada inclined. More time was given for lectures and talks. I'm easing in easier with my BF youth group. Finally can recall some names.. haha.. Feels good to be among Dharma brothers and sisters who make practising and learning the Dharma so fun!!!! too bad had to go the hosp talk in the afternoon ( it was useful tho'.. ) had to miss BF .. hai. the zen master was talking again in teh afternoon. was looking forward to asking her qns in a smaller group. A bit unnerving posing qns in front of the whole congregation.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?