<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 29, 2005

*pouts* c'mon lz, surely my seduction skills are better than that (sieves thru lingerie acquired at work) i'm sure i'll find smth good..
whoa gal, i'm impressed :P *kneels down* wo bai ni wei shi! yeah, He did teach that our attachment to all things impermanent is one of the reasons why we suffer. where did you read that from? i'm still pretty unsure about the stuff about self and non-self tho' mebbe i'm juz lazy to contemplate on it whoopz. if you like Buddhist books which are more light reading, read Ajahn Brahm's books. the BFellowship has free distb copies. that guy has a good sense of humour, making his works very lighthearted and easy to comprehend and practise.



WANNa CuPpA??

Never give out your hotmail address, even if it's for the purpose of business. I was so horrified when a sales executive whom i called up during work to discuss quotations with actually added me onto his Msn. I mistook his nick as one of my old classmates' nick and added him. Next thing i knew , he was trying to get me to go for coffee.

Him: I owe you a coffee.

Me: er. i'm a miserly little secretary with not much say in the matter. thanks but no thanks

Him: how about juz around your work area?

Me: i'm allergic to coffee

Him: tea?

Me: " i'm allergic to all drinks offered by you in general"

okok i didn't say that. here's the more politically correct ans.


Me: i'm allergic to caffiene in general !!


i have very few "reject lines " available, mebbe coz the no. of times i've been picked up amounts to less than wat i can count off using the fingers on my right hand.

Here are some that are available from the top of my head in case you're stuck in a sticky situation...

" if you try that again, i'll get my 105kg bf to personally rearrange your face,"

or you could try rather self depreciating ones:

" Nah, coffee ain't a good idea, I am thinking of going on a diet, since the doc says that my BMI equals to that of an overweight mammoth and i'm at risk for heart disease in the future."

" Coffee ain't very good for the teeth. Mine are already the colour of the Singapore river. "

" Sure! not many ppl would offer to buy a castrated male a cuppa!"

or the best yet

" I would appreciate if you bring a peppy chick along, then we can both oggle at her if we get bored."

i suppose the last one can be modified if your parents try to set you up during a family dinner.

looks at mom and dad seriously, " MOm, dad.. I've got something to announce ... i'm not straight!"


Cruel moi. hey, but love is a cruel thing aint' it? I was telling my fren, i either keep falling for the wrong guys, or the wrong guys keep falling for me. Not like there are many in the latter category. But i suppose i'm lucky. I've not been burnt too badly yet. I have hurt pple b4, and i've been hurt , but I've been fortunate not to have drowned too deeply in this sorrowful forms of human relationships.

One semester - so many broken hearts. I don't know all the stories, but i keep seeing so many ppl get hurt that i feel disgusted and disillusion with romantic love. Wat's love when it cozes so much suffering??

someone juz told me she was jilted. While i was ranting and raving at her situation, I noticed to my surprise that she was quite calm and collected about it. wat touched me most was her lack of anger and hatred. She told me that Buddhism had help her find peace within her self and the inability to hate her bf . She quoted the diamond sutra. " everything is like a dream, one mmt it's there, the other it's not, reflect upon the impermanence of things in this world" She told me she applied the 4 noble truths to cope. She accepted that her heart was in turmoil ( she was suffering), she looked at the issue of why she was suffering ( She was confused and upset) , she understood that she had teh power to brnig her suffernig to an end ( for she alone had that power to change her future) and she was going to have to set about ending her suffering ( she had to decide whether to let go or hold on) My first thots when I saw her were -- this gal is mad. How can she be so calm!!!!??? But then after I reflected and , I realised that she embodied the loving kindness and compassion that Buddha emphasized. She loved him so much there was no room for hatred in her heart. Hatred would only make her more miserable than she was. She was definitely hurting, as any sentient being would have, and she set aside a period to let her frustrations out.. but she didnt' hate him. The 3 poisons did not envelope her heart. wow!!! I'm ashamed at how long I hold grudges at ppl. I'm quick to anger, slow to forgive. Goodness, some of my grudges are like er.. 3 years old. I admired the way she could put Buddha's teachings to practise.

Understanding them is easy, lz and i agreed, but putting them into practise.. that's the hard part.


Our wise Rev Miao Yu counselled that tho' it's admiralbe to love someone sooo deeply, it is not advisable to give that person so much that you end up hurting yourself and other ppl. She told a story.

there lived this couple whoes marraige was on the rocks. The guy had an enormous sex drive that the wife coudlnt' satisfy. Desperate to hang on to her husband, she drugged a couple of call gals at teh bar, bundled them home to satisfy her husband's needs. She kept him by her side, but at teh cost of her sanity. There came a day when she could take it no longer and she ended up killing the gals that she had kidnapped.

You can love someone enough to give him your everything, but if you have to hurt yourself and other ppl in teh process, it really ain't a wise decision.

Love is not about possession, it's about giving and making sacrifices.
hope she will find her ans and happiness soon.

Hai.. love is soo cruel. You're sad loving someone, you're sad not loving someone. geez.

for me, happiness is sacrificing that cuppa cofffee..


Neway, Went to Fo guang shan last night. Thot it was some prayers thingy , turned out to be their annual dinner. Lol.. the food was yummylicious!!!! vegan steamboat and satay ! I met 2 of my Melb temple frens. SL was with her parents, she 's gonna living in singapore! And K. HAd a good time chatting with K, haven't seen her since we both returned.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?