<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 07, 2005

was archiving my blog in my computer.. amazing the amt of shit i can write in 2 years.. 100 over pages in MS word! whoa. Reread some entries.. some made me laugh, others made me cringe.

Weblogs.

i'ts the latest buzzword!Who would have known that public diaries would ever become so embraced by society? I think i started my own blog when I just entered uni. Most of my friends have blogs too as you can see from the "links" column.

Blogs contain an amazing variety of content. Some are just downright creative.. Lz's blog is a really funky example ( i think you should be up there vying for best blog gal!)
, some are controversial like xiaxue's blog, others are just downright ridiculous.. (steven lim's one) . My own blog contains a mixture of reflections on issues ( My sister calls it cheem crap, i dont' think it's cheem at all my dear) , and snippnets of my life. Although I have blogged a fair bit, i still keep most of my feelings private.. I do have a diary, and i'm sorry, unless the sun rises from the norht, it's never gonna see the light of day. It never fails to stun me how much some people would reveal onlin. They strip themselves right down, bloggni about all their emotional vulnerabilities. I admit that I am sometimes guilty of that very act, but i always ensure that I draw the line in how much "emotional masturbation" ( as lz would put it) i indulge in. I feel uncomfortable , reading about my fren's deepest darkest feelings. I guess they don't mind, coz they placed it up online and allowed links to their blogs, but yet the nagging uneasiness remains.

Some blogs piss me off. steven lim's one pisses me off to teh point that i'm laughing , coz it's just overinflated with his ego. Some are pretty insensitive.. BLogs are for public viewing and even tho' you'd like yours to be controversial and honest, it is only right that you exercise some responsibility in censorship. but then again, since the KKK still exists, and the skinheads run amok in Russia...

I suppose blogs are a great way to keep in touch with friends and update yourself about what's happening in their lives. But sometimes, I really wonder who reads my blog. Strangers? Old pals? Secret admirers ? *snort* My MOm?!

Martians ?!


budak is today.. yay yay yay!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?