<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 26, 2005


6 girls, a guy and a yummilicious meal! Posted by Hello

Photo taken last Sat at Nic's house. Our resident chef singlehandedly whipped up dinner for the MUmsgang. Oh yez.. ladies out there.. here's one dude who can really whet your appetite. ( gosh, i'm so nice, giving free advert man)
yeah. but here's a preview of what we had that nite:

bacon with scallop kababs
some nice nice jap egg thingy
and nic's famous teriyaki salmon.
with porridge.
and finished off with almond ( wus it?) choc cake ( could still remember my dear hsemate squealing with delight when she saw it.. hai. the woes of being a chocoholic..lol)

Yez.. our dear NIc whipped it up by himself! sorry, no pix of the food. It disappeared soon after making it's grand entry onto the dining table.we are really hungry bugs. soo you juz have to take our word for it. MUmsg brand of quality. haha

Neway, nothing much this weekend. But i think i've more or less adjusted to Melb life again. whew. I was telling HH on teh phone that day, I agree with her comment that you seem to get more homesick each time you return. IT doesn't get better, it gets worse. But today, after praying at the temple, attending discussion group and having a jog in the lovely princess park... I felt my spirits lift. The weather helped to.. haha.. i finally see the CLEAR BLUE SKY!!! ( does a little bacteria jig on the sidewalk) Thank you Lord Buddha for showing me the way!!!!! yay yay! haha.. prayers and meditation have helped this little bacteria recover.

Today's BLIA discussion was on goals in life. Where do you see yourslef in 5 years time. i was like er... still muggin? realised that as a med student, my life is kinda plotted out for me already. hmmm. but it was interesting listening to my group member's views and experiences. Coz i'm the youngest. ( sticks a pacifier into mouth and folds arms) so there. But we discussed about how dreams may not always come true. But there will other doors that will open and you may find a new niche for yourself. Perhaps not as glam as wat you set out to do, but nevertheless , if it can bring joy to others and serve society, it's still gonna make you happy in the end. Yupyup. As usual discussion served to make me aware of the very good examples in my life I've got frens who can't really get to their dreams yet, but they've the courage to say >. " OK, this door is closed, let's seek another way. A more pragmatic one perhaps and then i'll try to work my way to my goal" NEver once have they thrown themselves onto the floor and kicked up a tantrum. I feel kinda ashamed coz i let minor things get me down so bad. I"ve had the good karma of being born into a life where many opportunities have been givcen to me, but my attachment to small little nuances and the despair I allow myself to fall into when things do'nt go my way is rather embarrassing. argh.
And Shifu lectured also about patience.. sigh. i really need that. i'm always rushing so fast into things , with absolutely no confidence in my self ... i keep making bad bad decisions that i regret. but it's too late to turn back th eclock. This is the path i've chosen, and i've to deal with it as best as I can. And make teh most out of it. Envs and conditions will change, new opportunities will arise .. :)


We rounded up session by singing a song. It's called Harmonise ( not memorise, as my BLIA president put it) yeah, but i still can memo it anyway coz the tune is stuck in my head. I miss singing.. couldn't help harmonising then realise i just lost that too... hai. miss choir. i hope we'll keep on singing songs after study group.

The time has come to realise
without world peace we can't survive
The past is one that's filled with war
Compassion is what we're looking for
IT fills me up with so much hope
To realise how beautiful
This world can be without anger
That turns us all on each other


let's harmonise all that is wrong
and look for a peace that is strong
And show some respect for this earth
For all of mankind we will serve


so funny.. my classmate lent me this picture book on teh life of Buddha when i was in primary one. now 13 years later. I found the very same book in the temple. I was reading it this morning. The :) some Boddhisattva must have nudged it my way :) haha.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?