<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 06, 2005

another guest entry from HH :)
Locked out

At work now, came really early, not out of choice. Reason? Coz of what happened yesterday...
I nicked out from teh research office yesterday evening leaving my bag with my wallet, hp, keys, basically everything else that i carry around other than my skin in the research office. Some "kind" soul came in and err locked up the place, leaving me with just a tiny problem-- Hilda locked out of office and everything Hilda owns locked in. I didn't panic at first but calmly and rationally approached the first course of action. Security desk downstairs must have the key. "Excuse me, I just locked myself out of the 3rd floor research office, can you plse open it for me?"
"Sorry, we don't have the key to that office, but we can ask domestics"
Call was made.
"Err, really sorry, but domestics say they don't clean teh place so they don't have the key."
Err right. I pat my chest to make sure my heart is still in my chest coz I can feel it beating in my feet.
" Well, I suppose we could always call teh maintenance guys and they'll come and bust the lock", Mr Security helpfully offers.
Right, and get me dismembered by all other users of the office and hung from teh door frame by my toenails.Not to mention having my supervisor flunk me for my AMS year, which would, I suppose, be the worst of all.
Optimism is a learned response from the millions of times I've gotten myself in brilliant, supposedly once-in-a-lifetime fixes. It's okay, Hilda, it's okay. Breathe... You can always call home to see if your housemate is home, right? Then if she is you can just walk home... I almost begin to feel better until I realise I don't have a coat on. I have on a spandex blouse, a paper thin cardigan and my skin. And it is 0 degrees outside.
Well, to cut a long story short, I made a call home and "thank heaven thank earth" my flatmate was home. Had to leave so early this morning coz I had to leave with my housemate as I hadn't a key to lock up.
=) That's the second time this past 2 weeks I've almost had to walk home in the cold. I think at the rate my disorganised life is going, I can soon put an advertisement up on ebay: " 30 days in the life of the world's most disorganised and ditsy person! Free 5 day trial period. Money back guarantee." =) I think it'd be quite lucrative, considering the stupid things people buy and sell on the internet. Did you know someone sold the Metro newspaper (Glasgow's Streats equivalent) for £100 on ebay?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?