<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 06, 2005

It was a great saturday!

ok. i missed the tram in the morning to temple. the trams freq is just awful these days. I was jumping up and down in the tram praying to Buddha to get me there on time. THank goodness I made it.. Whew :)
He had the grace to even let me catch my breath ! tho' i was trying to chant and sporadically gasp at the same time. coolbeans.

the lecture was on filial piety. How we owed the deepest gratitude to our parents who devote their entire lives ( from our birth onwards) to caring and worrying about us. HOw Buddha lectureed that we should treat all sentient beings like our parents and be filial to them but we hav e affinty with all sentient beings, be it your siblings, your frens, animals, ppl you hate.. we may have had relationshsip with them in teh past. How we should extend filial piety to caring for other ppl.. Companission should be given to old folks w/o children to care for them, bringing them joy and warmth shoudl be our goal.

SO ExCITING!!! BUddha day is coming up!!! yay! hope i don't fall off federation square steps again. tho/. i'm such a klutz..

ANd i was about to sneak off from disucssion group when SQ handed me a guitar. We were going to sing for study group!!! SCREAM. Give me guitar. will stay. that's my philosophy. I was sooooo happy. SInging the song of Buddha's life , playing for my DHarma sisters and brothers to sing. Gina has an abosolutely lovely voice. she did the song sooo well! I got to perform the Buddhist song i wrote for T and SQ.. :P they suggested i try for Rhythm of Life competition. Hmm. but then again, so busy and my tunes kinda suck. might give it a shot mebbe. wld be nice to go to nan tien temple in sydney.

Met the year ones for dinner at Sen. AWESOME. there were so many of us they gave us a function room. I must say we gelled pretty well with the year ones. I was pretty happy to meet some old RJC batch mates who were frens of frens ( ah.. anti-social me) but it was good to hear the old RJC lame jokes, talk the rj talk. yup. and we haven't had such a big gathering for our year 3s too for a long time. so that was good too :)

Happy birthday XY!!! *hugz* :)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?