<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 27, 2005


THe same BUddhist Babes in the Botanical gardens.. come on guys.. wat's keeping you??? Posted by Hello

Had one BALL of a time with BLIA ( Buddhist LIght Int. Assc) Young adults DIV ... Walking the Buddha path tour.. OMG. it was AWESOME.. (jumps around) LIke... Hubert was saying.. i think i still have enuff enery for another bike tour. Seriously, this semester I've discovered that the youth group has brought me soooo much joy ! From discussion classes, to my translation group, to singing and just hanging around with my Dharma pals... it really lightens my heart and heals my soul every saturday I go to the temple. Guess that's wat Yong Wei Fa shi was saying about Good fellowship. I had sooo much fun this weekend! SQ, gina and Jeff came over on Sat.. We just formed a singing /guitar group to perform for Buddha dAY ( it's on the 24th and 23rd of APril at Federation square!!!! come and have a look!) .. gonna perform SO eXCITED!!!! omg. I had soo much fun on saturday. it reminded me so much of my choir days. When i sat in front of my comp, with the cds, listening to teh songs again and again in order to arrange the score. This time, 4 of uz were at it. True it's frustrating and tiring, but I enjoyed every bit of it.. i miss singing in a group soo much. I miss practises ( time consuming as they are) , arranging scores, messing around with tunes and harmonies... This was in a way better coz the songs are special ( praise the Dharma!!!) and guess wat??? i get to bring my baobei along for the ride.. oh yes.. 3 guitars , 4 voices, a flute, one composer, and 4 enthusiastic ppl.. You've GOT to listen to Jeff's compositions! I swear he is FANTASTIC. 110% talent!!! my new ou xiang man... He writes sooo well.. and his words.. the way he intergrates teh Dharma into such wonderful tunes .. ti's really aweseome!
anyway, enuff gushing about the weekend :)
today's bike trip was fantastic! met with teh rest in fed square, hiked to botanical gardens for ice breakers. Thanks to SQ's wunnerful imagination, it saw uz all running in circles.. ( literally) .. but i think we were screaming so much, we just shattered the utter peace of the Gardens. :) Then we had a tour by an aborginal guide. It was amazing ...I had an interest in anthropology since sec. school dayz, i had read about the aborginal pple quite long ago, coupled with HP lessons.. but after the tour, i discovered how little i still knew about this mystical, but friendly ppl who were the original owners of this land. Their culture truly calls for our respect ... it's so rich, so dreamlike but yet it makes so much sense in this crazy modern world of ours.
After a sip of mint tea, and watching Alex survive a death defying roll down the hill ( courtesy of Yappit) , we headed to teh Yarra river for lunch ( BBQ) ... YUMMO!!
Then we picked up our bikes and headed for Albert park .. to more games, more food.. then we rode to the beach.. where we played human bingo and shot more photos.. then it was back to La porchetta's for dinner.

Had so much fun.. :) didn't wanna leave. ( check out the bottom photograph) . lol.. serious. made a lot of new frens, strengthened many bonds. i've seen so many of them aroudn the temple but i realised how many names i still didn't know. So yez.. the list goes on...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?