<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Buddha’s Day.

I’m SOOOOO HAPPY!!! Haha.. don’t worry pple. I’ wasn’t stressed out by Buddha’s day, I am stressed at my back lock of work. But Buddha Day was wonderful! I guess coz I’ve managed to establish more affinity with the pple at the temple, that ‘s why it was so much more enjoyable this year. The devas were definitely looking after us, the weather was gorgeous.

Sat: I was stuck at the info booth instead of the yin2 shui3 san 1 qian1 exhibition where Voon Yee and I should have been at. But I was grateful for my chance to come forward and actually talk to ppl about my religion and introduce them to the wondrous Dharma!!! Like Flynn was saying… “ WE ROCK!” haha.. I was amazed at the interest of soo many ppl who came up to us and took the pamplehts and books and their generosity! .. most actually donated quite a bit w/o any invitation. There you go! Buddha nature in all! After reading the autobiography of Master Xing Yun, founder of Fo guang shan… amazing dude! I was quite moved by the page where the youths of Ilan town in Taiwan followed the master on bikes to propagate the Dharma..I wanna do that! I thot to myself. I want to share with ppl what this means to me, to us.. Well, we kinda did that I guess haha during our bike trip.. but this was the first time I actually got to talk to ppl about my religion, and I relished the chance. J

Went for lunch with Joan and Voon Yee… yum! Vegetarian food.. seriously, it’s good. And I met Miao Yu Fa shi!!!! I nearly screamed with delight and hugged her when I saw her. Luckily I managed to keep my feelings under control, wouldn’t look too good if I went bonkers in the info booth. J but I was soo happy to see her! I missed her sooo much when she transferred to yarraville. Trudy pointed to me the way to Buddhism, but it was Miao Yu Fa Shi who opened the door for me. She encouraged me, listened to me, helped me grow and intergrate Buddhism into my life. She radically made changes to the temple, the whole YAD group,formalized the translation team, the library, our lessons and discussion group and she opened my heart to the Dharma and the Buddha. She gently guided me in making Buddhism part of my life .. Humanistic Buddhism.. she showed me it’s meaning. She showed me the meaning of self confidence, the meaning of selflessness and the meaning of being able to rise up to challenges. In my time in Melbourne, many revs have been in charge of the city temple, but it was rev. Miao Yu who became my mentor ..



Sunday:

Excited! Offering ceremony. Ok. My costume was n’t as nice as the other Du Huang troupe, or the Ge gE or the Korean ones.. but it was an interesting experience wearing it and er.. the hair was really over the top. Lion dances, dragon dances! The prayers… I felt to happy as we chanted the prayer for peace and the xing jing! It was sooo wonderful standing there with all my fellow Dharma brothers and sisters .. all prayer for the same thing.. all experiencing the timelessness of the Buddha’s teachings of compassion and love for all sentient beings. After that.. it was phototime!!! Went a bit mad here.. haha.. Then back to the Cloud and water exhibition. Master Xing yun is one cool dude! It is amazing how much he has achieved in 50 years.. Angel and Julie actually came down to see the Buddha Day fest.. showed them around …

Spent the rest of time babysitting the lovely… Chantel!!! J haha hot chocolate and French fries and watching SQ entertain her with his rubber band magic tricks. I think you ‘d be rubbing your eyes.. XL babysitting???!!!! But seriously, she’s sooo cute, you’ll fall in love with her the moment you laid your eyes on her..

Then down for lunch with the sand bottle store.. we sold out!! Business was sooo good. Looking at the happy faces of the children getting their bottles and their balloons… it really reminds me how important bringing joy to other ppl is.. Yup.. J the Bodhisattva path.. bringing joy to others.. :P and creating good affinity!!! Whether it be the offering ceremony, screaming.. “ CURRY LAKSA!!!” or just speaking to ppl about the Dharma.. it was really delightful..

The afternoon finished off with singing. Ok.. I went incredibly off pitched.. but I really enjoyed it. It was incredible.. just singing for that crowd of ppl.. and for the ppl who came down to support me.. THANK YOU!!! And singing with the choir.. I was sooo happy. I miss that feeling.. I missed that pre performance jitters.. post performance high of choir days.. Gosh.. so happy!!! Get to sing , perform and propagate the Dharma!!!! I couldn’t thank the Buddha enough. J


The performances were fantastic.. dancing.. can can.. some Columbian dance.. it was a great Buddha’s day.. So sad I won’t be around for it next year.. L I wanna wear the ge ge zhuang.. ahhhhh. Viviana!!! Hint hint..

Na mo Sakyamuni Buddha!

Happy Vesak day everyone!!!!


Post vesak day..

Met up with some BLIA members for dinner on Monday night. Thanks SQ for calling me along.. I had an awesome time.. but I must say. I was clean worn out by our darling Chantel .. J she’s sooo cute. See her photo.. haha.. but voon yi and I were left tied together by her.. she wouldn’t let us go.!

It’s a bit queer. The feeling of eating with the BLIA>. I felt like I was in Singapore.. going for a reunion dinner.. only thing was that I wasn’t the kid anymore.. I was the adult.. Playing with chantel.. .. I felt really really old.. My fren had to drive home the point when on the way home he started talking about his wedding.. I stared incredulously at him for a mmt.. He was only a few years older than me.. Marriage??Kids??? My head spun.. Then I realized something.. I wasn’t young anymore.. I was 21 this year.. This was another part of my life.. guess i've to get use to it

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?