<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 02, 2005

ROck and ROll....



XL catches the tram down to domain interchange. Waits for eons but Red hot Cold Turkey doesn't show up. After getting a call from the flustered but trussed up RHC turkey, XL gets aboard tram 67.. with no idea where the hell her destination is.

XL leans over and ask the tram driver..
" Er.. i wanna go to chapel street. where do I get off?"

" Here."" HEre??? but i just got on!!!!"

( points to the street ahead) " that's chapel street"

" ..... "

Suddenly cute guy sitting in front of XL looks up.
" I'm going to chapel street too. WHere u headin?"

" I"m goign to this dance school on Chapel street.. i just have no idea wheere the hell it is."

" I"m heading there too!"

XL stares at him in disbelief.

" United styles?"
" yeah"

Ok.. so there are miracles. XL sents a silent prayer of thanks to the Boddhisattvas for sending this dude down.

" Any idea wehre to get off?"
" er.. no. I'm from Brisbane."

Great.

" you guys wanna get off at tram stop 37."
Both of us glanced quizzically at the speaker.

Well. saved. thank goodness for the nice, vocal ppl in melbourne. I swear if i were in singpoare. i would be probalby still craning my neck for htat elusive stop in the dark even tho' half the ppl on board knew where my destination was.

Cute guy's name was simon and he was a dancer.
" Just came from an event in Brisbane," he said excitedly. " You a B gal?"

huh? I'm a gal. thanks. not a Boy.

" break dancing.. do you break?"

no.. hmm. if i tried, i would be break arming. not dancing i suppose.
anyway, do gals break dance?

" of course!" he fished into his bag for a video cam. and shoved it under my nose. THe screen sprang to live with a b dance battle. First contestant.. a gal.

OK. XL is inspired. but i've a gut feeling my mom won't be tho'.

" you going for dance class?"

" er.. no. just came in from brisbane, got no place to stay, figured i'll head to united styles."

" oh"

I 'd just runned into the new generation of kids. THe carefree dancers who had no destination in mind. THey just flocked where their art called. it was the old hippie style.

" so what style do you do?"

" er.. hiphop... popping," i said sheepishly, feeling inadequate about my meagre dancing background. " Just started"
Ok. tha'ts a lie. i've been jumping around for 2 years now but haven't really got the time to really pursue it.. hai. like so many other things. Drawing, guitar, singing..ARGH. so many things i love to do and to pursue. i'm barely jugging them. i'ts sad.

" I've been Bdancing for 3 years," he said enthusiasticlly.

The tram inched agonisingly forward. At this rate, i could forget about going for Locking class.

"our stop," B boy said.

We got off and headed up chapel street. I located the chapel building with graffitti on the side. United styles dance studios.. supposedly the best in Australia.

The class ahd already started but the instructor allowed me to join in. Locking.. hmm. it's a totally diff style for me to learn. Kinda old.. think a bit robotic.. it lacked the many wierd body rolls that characterised popping or the fluid, sexy style of hiphop. It involved alternating between intricate wrist roles and sharp halts where we "locked" or abruptly stopped our motion. I didn't really like it truth be told. but it was interesting. Only thing was my sprained ankle was complaining big time. and my knees were hurting from the constant kneeling down on the floor. It was fun tho'. coudln't really catch the last part coz it got a little complicated.

Only thing was the ventilation was terrible.. and when the ventilation is terrible.. Xtra L feels Xtra terrible. Wanted to stay for hiphop.. but i knew if i stayed any longer.. Mcchicken was gonna make a reappearance on the dance floor. So i left.. Sorry RHC turkey .

Got on the tram back. Now.. this was weird.. Xtra weird.

I was trying to catch my breath and tryin not to puke when suddenly a sinister voice growled over the intercom..
" this is an expressed tram.. we stop for no one.."

Huh?

" Rock and roooooooooolll... we're singing rock and rooooooooll..."
Mr tram driver must be doing dope.

" The night has just beggguuuuuuunn.." the singing continued.
My fellow passengers and i exchanged glances.

" drunk?" i mouthed to the guy oppostie me.. he grinned and nodded.

So we continued through the dark, with the tram driver giving comments at every stop.

ST kildas." Wer'e picking up angels.." ( 4 gals walked up)

Flinders.."if you wanna take the train home.. THIS is where you get off.. mwahhaha"

Brke
" this is my favourite stop... Mwhahaha.. have a good night."


WEIRD>

I'd jyust entered twilight zone. I"m sorry if i got off the tram chuckling to myself. i think the passengers coming up thot i was bonkers.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?