<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hair raising!

Agreed to help Yinchin’s fren Sheila model for her hairdressing assignment. Quite fun, just sat there and let Sheila work her magic styling my hair. It looked a bit like Cosplay. She sorta gave me a ponytail like those old Tang dynasty Chinese warriors, then she piled my hair up, stuck in a red hair extension and froze it with lotsa hair gel. Then to finish, she applied make up, added a silver ribbon to my hair and presented me to the marker. I should’ve borrowed Voon yi’s cosplay costumes coz the style really suited that.
It was only later, I discovered that it was an Exam . not an assignment! Holy crap. To think I was nearly late for the appointment. But Yin chin and I had fun posing for pix and just fooling around. Sheila did an awesome job. The marker loved the styles high five* Go Sheila, Go Sheila! She even gave me a free hair trim and a fringe ! So sweet of her! Met this Singaporean hairstylist student there … agreed to model for him on Wednesday.. haha.. this is a funny past time. Just show up, sit there for 45 minutes, let them do what they want with your hair.. pose for photos and then have a free shampoo.

As I was sitting in the chair, I overheard some of the conversations between the students and their teachers. Hairdressing has its own lingo, just like we med knobs have our own. I suppose hairdressing and med are sorta similar because you’ve to learn by practicing on actual people. Sheila was telling me that she was grateful that I let her have a free rein on how to cut and style my hair. I guess I was sorta reminded of the kind Chinese lady I saw on my clinical placement who allowed me to give my first pneumococcal vaccination on her. The only way we can learn is if ppl actually take the risk and allow us to gain experience. Makes me really appreciate all those patients I saw on my clinical placement.


And now it’s back to packing.. Groan.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?