<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 16, 2005

One week since AMS started

Tired. That's all I can say. Tired.

Nodding off in the MRT train seems to be becoming a bad habit of mine. My condolences to the ppl who sit beside me in the train. You are about to become the player of a precarious game of head nodding, drool inducing, body gymnastics. Just be glad if i get a corner seat, than I can siddle up to the wall instead. But then again, if i get a brad pitt lookalike sitting next to me, i hope he doesn't mind loaning me his shoulder. *cheeky grinz* just ignore the previous line, dear.

Everyone from melbourne is remarking on the culture shock. Culture shock in your own home country, you ask? Wat talking you?

It's true. It's in everything and everyone you meet. From the unfriendly, grumpy visages in the trains, to no one greeting to you in the residential halls. To the ppl who sit impassively on their behinds staring blankly at the heavily pregnant ladies and old ppl who sway unsteadily in front of them on the bus and trains. From the news, and the legislations passed to the cheap food in the canteens ( holy crap : lunch AND dessert for less than 2.50 bux!!). From the incessent heavy downpours that greet me everytime i emerge from the labyrinth of the NUH hospitalsm to the loud, brash but comfortingly familiar singlish you hear. Fromthe cashiers who no longer greet you with a "Hi! How are you goin?" , but glare at you and scan your items of purchase to the unfriendly admin staff of the uni who don't have a clue what is going on and treat us students like scum off their shoe.From the friendly nurses who keep me in fits with their jokes and who are sooo willing to teach me , to the no holds barr, workholic doctors who seem to live their whole life in the hospitals. From the fact that that the hierachy is suddenly so much more crystal clear and you have to know your place, to the fact that your family is here for you. And then there are the buses which never come when you're dastardly late, MRT trains which whizz so much faster than the melbourne ones. Pple talk real fast, move real fast, and work real late. I stagger in bleary eyed at 9am, after a one and a half hour journey to the hospital and I drag myself home at 6 smth. Get home at 7 somthing, jog till it's dark, have dinner staring at the wall, talk with my honey on the phone, stare at my journal articles, sleep. Wake up , rinse and repeat.

No time for friends, no time for even saying a word of 'hiya" to my family. Sorry K.. Argh. i really really meant to meet up with you. now I won't see you for a year! I only got to see HH once too! *pulls hair out* once in a year???!!!! OMG.

i 'll get use to life back here. after all, i've done that for 18 years. Right? right?

Ok.. lemme go source out a good seat on the MRT. you know wat i mean

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?