<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"chocolate salty balls"

I was driving my brother to school this morning, when that song started playing on the radio.

" oooo h , suck on my chocolate salty balls...'

, I havne't heard that song in ages. i think the last time I heard it was from an aca acapella CD that JC lent to me so i was pretty delighted to hear it again. Well, turns out i wasn't the only one who was estatic to hear it.

a giggle reminded me of my little brother's presence in the back seat.

Now , a little voice of conscience nagged me that I should assume the role of the responsible older sister , and flick the channel to something a little more kid friendly.

But, sigh, i haven't heard the song in ages, and besides, it was safer to continue concentrating on the driving , right ? Right?

the singer still hadn't finished.
" baby??," he rapped. " wat's that burning smell?"



My brother was chortling away by now. i really didn't bother asking him if he could differentiate the confectionary products from parts of the human anatomy


seriously, kids nowadays know more than you'd give them credit for. .

And my dear little bro just had his lesson on human reproduction from his school. He came back bursting with excitment and unleashed an onslaught of questions on my hapless mom.

" how did the sperm managed to meet the egg?"
" Does the guy pee the sperm out?"

interesting notion. he almost got the hypothesis right. but thankfully.. no.

Come to think of it, i only figured that part out when i was in secondary school. But nowadays, you can't really keep it from kids. it's everywhere.. from the newspapers, to the half naked ladies on MTV, to the magazines, to the AIDS adverts on TV, to the streets of Joo chiat and geylang... to the chocolate salty balls on the radio.

" ahh. you'll know when you grow up," my mom stammered.

Replication of the answer we all get as kids. Figure it out yourself when you grow up. Yeah. mr sperm meets mrs egg, but wat you never quite understand is how the hell mr. sperm managed to get pass all those obstacles to secure a date.
so you wrest the answer from your frens, from books, from playboy magazines, from dirty jokes, from the sex advice pages from your mom's magazines.

The sexpo is coming to singapore. But i don't think it 'll be the same as melbourne's. But nevertheless, i'm morbidly curious to find out what 's gonna be in it. human copulation is such a taboo subject. but somehow, i feel that the more of a fuss we kick up over it, the more buried the whole topic will become.

I mean c'mon, i could make it sound entirely sciencey, like how i intend to explain it to my little brother. ( a duty that my mom has so generously left to me to handle) . but there's no way you can explain the true impact of AIDs, or STDs without explaining the ardous journey of mr sperm. I think we need to explain it somehow to the kids. Do it in a straightforward manner, minus the uncomfy glances. Is there really an age limit to knowing this piece of information? I mean, definietly erotic pix are out of the question, but i dont' think ti's unreasonalbe to explain the process of reproduction in human beings. but i can also understand why ppl still can't bring themselves to tell their kids about the birds and the bees.

it's just soooo taboo.

so yeah, screw the sciency stuff, mebbe i could cook up some stupid story about how chocolate salty balls were really just plain confectionary.

" Oh baby! my balls are burning!" the singer yelled.

( my brother was absolutely howling with laughter now)

ok. situation is beyond salvage point. i'll juz try to explain to my mom why my brother keeps laughing at the chocolate in the fridge.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?