<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Haven't written songs for ages...
but here's one.

And of course has gone through j9 for first time vetting.

And finally reached it's recipient in melb...





24 Hours



What can you do in 24 hours?
Ponder on the questions in your heart
Write a letter that you know you could never bring yourself to send
Cause the answer might just tear you
Apart.

Talk about culture while on a tram
Talk about a million things that don’t make sense.
Wonder why the sky’s so full of dark gray clouds.
Make our silly jokes
And laugh out loud.

Chorus
Just 24 hours,
For you to hold my hands,
For me to comprehend
That you love me.
24 hours
For us to close our eyes
For me to hold you tight
Till we kiss goodbye.
24 hours since this was our world
24 hours since we fell in love
Wish it were 24 hours till I see you again.
24 hours …


What can you do in 24 hours?
Take a long car ride out of town.
Ride a dodgy chair lift up to the top of the world.
Find a little maze and walk round and round.


Stare into the distance, not saying a word.
Wonder how it happened and watch things unfurl.
Stutter out our feelings, and suddenly understand,
That finally, we are more than friends.

Chorus


Love is such a painful thing
When time’s just not on your side.
Baby when you’re gone, my heart will be torn,
Nothing in this world will seem right.


What can you do in 24 hours.
Watch some silly shows and sit on the couch.
Lie down on the bed, wrapped in your warm embrace.
Knowing that first thing in the morning , I’ll see your face.

Sitting in the airport and wait for that dreaded moment
Hold your hand and wish it would never come
Lift my face to get my first sweet kiss form you.
Say I love you and bid you adieu


Chorus.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?