<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 06, 2005

here's another meaningless little update on my xtra convoluted life. Somehow, i get the feeling that it's started to resemble a soap opera written by someone with an overactive imagination. LOL


Lab:
Al ( my supervisor) is still on vacation. My stand in supervisor has to juggle 5 students, so Caroline ( the big boss) put me under.... *drum roll* J. So yez.. psycho boy is now my stand in supervisor. I tried giving him chemical waste to drink, but he didn't appreciate my kind gesture. Dang.. mebbe can disguise agarose gel as agar agar. * rubs hands*
LOL. neway, experimental contamination. still trouble shooting. still listening to dirty jokes and starting to add some comments myself. *smiles innocently*
HIlde's leaving next week :(. we had lab lunch . boss brought us out for peranakan food. quite funny watching Psycho boy and GP downing plates of sambal and then gulping down copious amounts of water, while exchanging well placed jokes aimed at each other. ah well.
i think GP"s car was like super cannot move lor after lunch :)
spent 2 days sleeping thru lab safety course. amazing i passed the quiz ( just only tho') THe dude running the course has a habit of deviatingand repeating his anecdotes.. pelting uz with borrrring videos..

the only interesting one was a cooking video, where the guys' wok caught fire.

qn: wat do you do in this situation

Ans ( given by one of the gals) : throw in the food and start cooking! duh/!

Qn ( seen on my test sheet): indicate where you would throw the following.

a) radioactive iodine
b) methanol
c) blood
d) Ex-bf's/gf's photograph???!!!!

Ans: I was soo tempted to put it under radioactivate waste disposal.. LOL> i was like giggling and giggling at the question. , so was 1/3 of the room still awake to appreciate the sheer corninest of the question.

and yeah, i think i realised that we do half the procedures covered in teh wrong way.

Like me and Psychoboy only used 2 pairs of latex gloves to handle liquid N2. and ( dip our hands into the n2) ... where is the cryogenic gloves or the face shield???

. I've a feeling that 90% of wat you learn in the lab safety course, doesn't really apply. iI'll try to blow up the microwave.. promise



DAnce:
I love jazz. nuff said :)...I went fro street jazz beginners.. TUFF man TUFF.. i'm like barely a beginner.. and ryan taught some super duper complicated steps. but i loved it! haha. even tho' i was lost half the time. and i danced into some one else. so paiseh! everyone spun left and i happily spun right and smack into someone else.
we all ended up on the floor... haha. it's not wat you think. ! but it looked damn good!

I love the way he can coax out the style.. how he doesn't juz focus on the choreo.. but tries to get uz to focus on the style, the presentation, the looking hiao.. and feeling sao/! FUN!!!! can't wait for next class.! i hope i can catch up tho'. my gymnastics moves have all left me already.. geez. i can't even spin without falling ove.r

Buddhist fellowship:

Aaaah. last sunday so fun! watching the video of our concert. recapping. LOL :) so cool! and so many plans too! I can't wait for Soracco to put out a CD!!!! and yez.. singing choc salty balls. in BF. oh dear ;) here we go again! I wanna jam! i wanna jam!!!
Renshang gave a super duper good talk on genesis. He was really spunky to tackle that topic ;). bravo!!!!


Books:
Read opening the door of your heart.. Yay!! the life saving book from Ajahn Brahm :). now on Food for the heart , thanks wenjie the loan.

getting up at 6.45am to jog now.. coz gotta work late most of the time .

Aaaahh :P girl hiphop tomolo.. whoopeeeee!

ok.. update ended. XL over and out!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?