<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Where did time go?

I was dragging my feet to the lab on a saturday morning. While i was fumbling with my car keys, my H/p beeped.

" I just got a new daughter this morning!" you could practically sense the euphoria jumping right out from BS's sms.

Ahh... time flies so fast. Juz last week he was pacing around the lab lamenting about how he was scared becoming a father. And suddenly, bam. Juz in a few days he was a dad! heee.. Congrats to him :P

Standing there, grinning at my h/p screen , besides realising that ppl were staring at me and wondering why i was walking towards the psych ward, it hit me.... gosh. i' was really getting old.

Friends getting married, friends having kids. This would be the 3rd instance already. i'm gonna be 22 this year. *gasp*
I always tell my friends , it used to be " my parents' frens getting married/ having kids." now it's my frens having kids/ getting married.

I woke up this morning and it was poring rain outside. And my sister was talking about her JC orientation. Suddenly, I kept thinking of the old RJC campus . I thot about Lecture theatre 1, where I sat out most of my lectures, in my old black sweater. where we used to eat behind our notes and try to keep awake. And the container block that held our tutorial rooms. Where the rain would pore down and make a deafening noise on the metal roof ( and irritate the crap out of the teachers). HOw I used to haunt my chemistry teacher after lessons to try to make more sense out of my favourite topic. The dingy science labs with their rotting tables.... the horrible toilets with no toilet paper. The corners I used to coop myself up in to study after classes. THe choir tables.. the choir pple... I realised I wasn't very sociable in school. Never really knew a lot of ppl very well. Just a small handful. Couldn't really bothered. How my class was super competitive. How the RI GEPs Genius club in my class always dominated the top marks in the faculty. Studying for tests. spending chemistry and math S paper classes playing in class. Acapella group practise late into the night, followed by trips to Ghim Moh market. Choir Comm meetings, politics, cat fights...

And i see my sister now excitedly talking to her fren about orientation.

It scares me. How time moves.

" Did you know Daniel's fren is in sec one?" my sister told me.

Sec one??? How come daniel's fren is so old? i wondered.

Then it hit me that my kid brother is no longer a small little lower primary guy anymore. He was entering sec school next year.

I had dinner with BY yesterday. My ole' secondary one pal.. We go back 8 years. 8 years.. HOLY CRAP. weren't we in secondary one just yesterday? I was in that stupid haircut and the red name tags.
Now here we were sitting at MOS burgers and talking about BY's graduation.

Nooooooooooooooooooo.... someone stop the clock. I don't wanna grow up yet.
I don't wanna face the world .
Let me go back to the old RGS/RJC buildings, where i only had to worry about lectures and CCA.

" You shoudl read about financial management," BY told me. " It's time we started planning our investments."

* SCREAM*

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?